Terms & Conditions
1. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited shall supply their customer and shall rent the Equipment, as specified in the Equipment Schedule, on the conditions set out in this Agreement.
2. The Equipment shall at all times remain the property of Universal Rentals (UK) Limited. The Customer shall not part with possession of the Equipment nor dispose of, charge, pledge or underlet the same, nor attempt to do so.
3. The Customer shall keep the Equipment at the address shown on the Rental Agreement and can only remove it with the prior written consent of Universal Rentals (UK) Limited.
4. The rental of any Equipment shall commence on the date of the Rental Agreement. It will continue until either Universal Rentals (UK) Limited or the Customer terminates as defined in clauses 22 to 29.
5. The Customer will pay the Rental cost shown on the signed Rental Agreement. This Rental shall be paid on the payment periods specified. After the expiry of the term of this agreement any further payments are to be made at the same rental rate.
6. All rental figures shown are exclusive of Value Added Tax. Value Added Tax at the current rate is payable in addition to the Rental payments within the terms of Universal Rentals (UK) Limited agreement.
7. Rentals payments shall be paid by the customer, by the method indicated on the signed Rental Agreement to Universal Rentals (UK) Limited. If the rental payments by the customer to Universal Rentals (UK) Limited are more than seven days late, they are subject to interest at 4% above the Base Rate of HSBC Bank plc.
8. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited reserves the right to vary the Rental Terms after the expiry of the agreement by giving one month’s written notice.
9. The Customer shall not suffer the Equipment to be taken by way of distress or execution and shall indemnify Universal Rentals (UK) Limited against any loss damage costs and expenses which Universal Rentals (UK) Limited may incur for the purpose of preserving the Equipment from such distress or execution or of recovering it.
10. The customer and / or any associated 3rd party undertaking work for the customer is not to deface, remove or otherwise interfere with the markings on the Equipment showing Universal Rentals (UK) Limited’s ownership.
11. The customer and / or any associated 3rd party undertaking work for the customer shall use the Equipment in a proper manner as described in the instruction Manual and not to attempt to interfere or tamper with the Equipment except to make normal adjustments. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited reserves the right to charge for callouts due to incorrect operation.
12. The Customer is responsible for the cost of repairs needed due to misuse, whether caused by the customer and / or any 3rd party undertaking work for the customer. The costs of any repairs due to misuse shall be paid by the customer to Universal Rentals (UK) Limited.
13. The Customer shall allow Universal Rentals (UK) Limited and his agents to enter the address at which the Equipment is installed to inspect and if necessary to repair or replace the Equipment.
14. The Customer is to notify Universal Rentals (UK) Limited immediately if the Equipment suffers any damage or fails to operate properly. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited is not responsible for faulty tape products or other media that might be used.
15. The Customer is liable for any loss or damage of or to the equipment and is therefore strongly advised to ensure the equipment is insured against any such loss or damage for the value specified within the signed Rental Agreement.
16. The Customer notifies Universal Rentals (UK) Limited immediately of any loss by theft, damage or otherwise of the Equipment.
17. The Customer notifies the Insurance Company on any claim of the interest held on any Equipment by Universal Rentals (UK) Limited allowing, if possible, direct settlement of the value of the Equipment between the Insurance Company and Universal Rentals (UK) Limited. Until Universal Rentals (UK) Limited has received a proper reimbursement, the Customer shall continue to pay the Rental payments due. Any Equipment replaced prior to this will be subject to a new Rental Agreement.
18. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited agrees to repair the Equipment in the event of failure. If this is not possible it will be replaced by similar or better Equipment within seven days which will be subject to the terms of this Agreement.
19. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited is not responsible for any loss of use of the Equipment due to failure.
20. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited will be liable for negligently caused death or personal injury but will not be liable for any other injury or damage to persons or property or for any other losses whatsoever arising out of installation, possession or use of the Equipment or of its non-performance or otherwise in connection with this Agreement.
21. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited will exercise due care in selecting its staff and agents but will not be responsible for any act or default of such staff or agents which could not have been foreseen and prevented by the exercise of reasonable care by Universal Rentals (UK) Limited
Termination by Universal Rentals (UK) Limited
22. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited can terminate this Agreement within one month of the Equipment’s installation due to non-approval due to credit checks and monies repaid to the Customer on a pro-rata basis provided the Equipment is returned in good condition.
23. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited may terminate the Agreement at any time due to the Customer not complying with the terms of this Agreement or has distress or execution levied against his or her property or becomes bankrupt or makes a composition with his or her creditors or if there is any mis-statement in the information provided by the Customer to Universal Rentals (UK) Limited.
24. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited can terminate this Agreement by giving not less than one month’s notice after the expiry of the initial rental period and give back any monies that might have been deposited by the Customer.
25. In the event of termination under Clause 23 all Rentals payments accrued due shall remain payable by the Customer together with Rental payments for the remainder of the Term of the Agreement, if any and no repayments shall be made.
Termination by the Customer
26. This agreement terminates on the expiry date of the term, as specified in the signed agreement between Universal Rentals(UK) Limited and the Customer.
27. If the Customer continues to rent the Equipment beyond this date, the Customer shall give notice to Universal Rentals (UK) Limited to terminate this Agreement in accordance with the following:-
27.1. Original term specified in days – 1 day
27.2. Original term specified in weeks – 1 week
27.3. Original term specified in months – 1 month
28. If Universal Rentals (UK) Limited increases the Rental payable (in accordance with Clause 8) the Customer may terminate the Agreement.
29. If Universal Rentals (UK) Limited does not fulfil any of its obligations under this Agreement the Customer may terminate this Agreement.
30. If the Customer can prove to Universal Rentals (UK) Limited that there are extenuating circumstances why he or she cannot continue with this Agreement then Universal Rentals (UK) Limited, at its discretion can terminate the Agreement in writing. Any deposits paid will be forfeited.
Return of the Equipment
31. When this Agreement comes or is brought to an end the Customer shall at once return the Equipment to Universal Rentals (UK) Limited address as shown on the Rental Agreement and shall without prejudice to his duty to return the Equipment allow and assist Universal Rentals (UK) Limited staff or agents to enter upon any property in the Customers possession or control and shall give to Universal Rentals (UK) Limited all information in his possession to enable the Universal Rentals (UK) Limited to retake the Equipment.
32. It is declared and agreed that if the Customer fails to return or allow Universal Rentals (UK) Limited to retake the Equipment then the Rental payments due for this time from the end of the Agreement and any costs incurred in the Equipment’s recovery shall be paid by the Customer.
33. This is not a Hire-Purchase Agreement and gives no right to buy the Equipment. By mutual consent, the Customer has an option to purchase any Equipment under this Agreement, taking into account a proportion of the rental paid.
34. If the Customer is using video, audio recording Equipment, downloading any files, software, computer hacking and / or performing any illegal actions using any Equipment owned by Universal Rentals(UK) Limited. The Customer should note that Universal Rentals (UK) Limited will not be held responsible for any breach of copyright or performing rights and / or infringement of any laws, whether governed by the United Kingdom and / or Worldwide. Therefore the Customer should make enquiries to ensure that their use of such Equipment is legally compliant within the United Kingdom and /or Worldwide.
35. Any notices sent by the Customer or Universal Rentals (UK) Limited shall be hand-delivered or sent by First Class Post.
36. Customers who rent televisions must make sure they have a current Television Licence.
37. Customers who rent Equipment which is directly connected to a telephone line or lines accept all responsibility for its connection and must make sure they have the permission of their telecommunications provider for its connection and pay any costs if necessary charged by them with regard to its connection.
38. This Agreement should be in duplicate and on signing the Customer is to receive a copy.
39. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited shall be entitled at any time to sign the benefit of this Agreement to any legal entity either in the United Kingdom or abroad.
40. Universal Rentals (UK) Limited is not responsible for any software used on its computer Equipment, (unless agreed by both parties). A call out charge is payable if the Customer reports faulty Equipment that is caused by software problems.
41. Whilst each Printer, Fax Machine and Photocopier is supplied with a working toner/inkjet cartridge or cartridges, the Customer is responsible for supplying replacement cartridges. The Customer is also required to ensure that a working cartridge or cartridges is in the Equipment when the same is returned.